Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Fairfax, VA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- There is a lot to love about my small home, but my favorite thing would have to be how much it reflects the fun, colorful, and artistic personalities of both myself and my boyfriend, Matt. It feels very inviting, with quirky surprises lurking around every corner. This is our first place together, and the smallest place that either one of us has lived in. The square footage, ended up being a rather fulfilling challenge. We both work in the creative field, and own an excessive amount of art and goofy toys, which we adore. This small space helped us edit quite a bit, allowing us to choose and combine our favorite existing pieces, along with some new choices we made together.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1) Plan your space ahead of time if you can. This way you're not left finding out you have a piece of furniture that won't fit, or pieces that don't look well together. We made a floor plan, and measured all of our furniture to figure out what could stay and what needed to go.
2) Edit, edit, edit. We found that there are ways to organize collections and artwork, that might otherwise appear to be cluttered, in a visually pleasing way.
3) Don't be afraid. Remember that not everything is permanent. Experiment with colorful paint you might not have considered (we love our grey walls that make our artwork pop). Play around with arrangements of artwork, or your collections until you're really happy. Your home can be ever-changing!
See all entries