Yellow is a color of joy and happiness, which explains why it's such a popular home accent color. Whether you're looking to add a subtle accent of yellow or go all-out with a bright, sunny wall, it's bound to be beautiful. Here are some of our favorite examples of yellow as used in gadgets, tech, home and office design.
Bottom Row, Left to Right
1: BlueStar Ovens Available in 190 Colors
Top Row, Left to Right
1, 2, 3: Inspiration: Yellow In The Office - These offices show how varying amounts of yellow can affect the feel of an office; in the one with just a trash can, it's a minimalist effect, while in the wall-covered one it's bright and bold.
4: Chris and Azuree's Cozy 'n Chic in Chicago - Speaker designs like this and the following benefit from the balancing effect of the yellow color against the white, black and/or natural wood of their surroundings
5 Inspiration: Sesame Streets' Bert-Inspired Home Tech - Additionally, these offer a playful touch of color that's surprising and delightful, offering a nice counterpoint to the minimalism and black and white of the other designs in the home.
- Color in the kitchen is a point of debate (all-white? stainless steel? which color will last the ages?) but if you're going to go for it, you may as well gold bold.
2: Get The Look: Matt's Black, White & Pop of Yellow Desk
- In the home office, a colorful chair like this can add interest and energy to a minimalist setting.
3: Technicolor: Yellow
- If yellow in gadgets is your game, this roundup is for you. Gracing everything from phone cases to vacuum cleaners, yellow is clearly a friend to all tech.
4: Get The Look: Leo Capello's Tiny Tech'd Out Office
- If you're looking for a more subtle accent, a lamp or other accessory in this buttery shade does the trick very nicely.
5: Liven Up Your Living Room with Yellow
- Yellow is a popular complement to black and balances out the shade well; it also pairs well with warmer toned grays or browns, adding a bit of liveliness to the scene.