Mother's Day is just around the corner, but there's still time to plan a special day for the hardest working woman in your life. We've rounded up some thoughtful ideas (and a few goodies) for showing how much you appreciate all she does.
Top row, left to right:
1. Recycled felt applique pillows from the Pillow Talk Collection by Alexandra Ferguson ($89)
2. Flowers aren't the most original Mother's Day gift, but placing them in a gorgeous container like the Thistle Vase by Boston ceramicist Isabelle Abramson ($450) instantly ups the wow factor.
3. Treat mom to a relaxing home spa. Fill the tub with her favorite bubble bath, light a few candles, and deck out the bath caddy with a glass of wine and a good book - Bamboo Bath Caddy from Chiasso ($44).
4. Food is love, and it looks even better served on a colorful cake stand. We love these sweet 1930s style cake stands from Rosanna ($65). Need help? Check out one of our go-to cake recipes at The Kitchn.
5. Give the busy mom in your life something she probably has in short supply — time. Fill a classic canvas tote like this one from Boston-based Steele Canvas ($45) with everything she needs for a day around town or at the shore.
Bottom row, left to right:
6. Turn one of mom's favorite family photos into a work of art. Here's a list of ideas and sources.
7. Pack a lunch full of mom's favorites and take her for a lovely picnic in the park. Get the gear from our roundups of picnic blankets and equipment.
8. Moms are notorious for putting themselves last. Treat her to a luxury item she probably wouldn't buy herself like a beautiful hand-crafted throw from Swans Island Blankets in Maine ($395).