- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the natural light in my Nob Hill Apartment. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find a corner unit with a southwestern exposure. I love the open floorplan, letting sunlight pour in from the two bay windows in the living room and fill the entire space.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Arranging furniture in a small apartment can feel like putting together a puzzle, and it can take more than a few tries before finding an arrangement you love. Keep a big beach towel handy to move furniture without scratching your floors or breaking your back!
2. Mix and match affordable pieces, investments and DIYs - but only use things you truly love and get rid of the rest.
3. If you rent like I do, change what you can and laugh about the things you can't. Painting, updating light fixtures and hardware are easy things you can change back before you move out and can go a long way in making a rental feel all yours. As for things that are harder to change... I don't love the plastic doorbell unit on the inside of my front door, but it's not going anywhere. If I had to have it dead center on my door, I was going to accessorize it with an antique gold frame.
ATVideo of the Day