- San Francisco, CA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- While I know it's not for everyone, pink is my favorite color. It always puts a smile on my face, so I decided to paint the interior side of my front door with my favorite shade (the Benjamin Moore Potpourri) a few years ago in my old NYC studio apartment.
When I moved to San Francisco a few months ago, I was so excited to actually have a separate bedroom, so I decided to focus there first. I wanted the bedroom to be feminine and cozy, so I decided to use a lighter shade on the walls and landed on Sherwin Williams' Alyssum. The furniture painted in Behr's Studio Taupe helps balance all of pink, and I've incorporated the darker coral-ish pink from my old NYC door as an accent with the back of the bookcase and the euroshams.
- Colors used in my room
- I painted the walls with Sherwin Williams Alyssum, the chest of drawers and dresser/bookcase with Behr Studio Taupe, and the back of the bookcase with Benjamin Moore Potpourri. I had just enough of the Potpourri leftover from another project (painting interior side of my front door), so thought it would be a nice accent for the back of the bookcase.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Pick whatever color puts the biggest smile on your face and use different shades of that color depending on the mood you're trying to achieve in a particular room.
- Pink Is My Neutral
Room for Color