I've always preferred silver to gold, but within the last year or so I've taken a shine to brass.
Whether it's a bed, bar cart, or bookshelf, brass has character. It's a smart, less flashy sibling of gold, and a bit of tarnish can look good. It's dramatic against dark walls and refreshing against white. It fits easily with antiques and provides warmth in more modern settings. Finally, thanks to its copper content, brass can even have germicidal properties.
2. Atlanta Homes Magazine
3. Nathan Schroder for House Beautiful
4. Laurie Joliet for Style by Emily Henderson
5. Crate & Barrel
6. Maison 21
8. Ashley Goforth Design via Decorpad
9. Caitlin Wilson via Desire to Decorate
MORE BRASS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Bring It Back: Vintage Brass Accents
• Brass Animal Figurines: Vintage Style
• How To Clean Brass With Lemon Juice And Baking Soda
(Images: as linked above)