Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- The living room is the main room I entertain in, so I wanted it to feel somewhat neutral, and not overwhelm guests when they come over for the first time. I like the idea of being able to change the accent colors as my mood - or the season - changes. I also carefully considered the wood finishes, too: choices like ebony for the entertainment center and blinds, and the walnut-colored floor, were deliberately bold. The acorn-colored furniture pieces tend to take a back seat to the pops of color.
- Colors used in my room
- A neutral background of a natural linen color gave me permission to go bold with the accent colors: persimmon red, slate grey, pops of brass and white. The wood finishes include deep ebony, walnut, and acorn.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Be fearless. Be strategic. Be brave. Be trusting of your instincts. Be open to a color you thought you didn't like. Be willing to change your mind. Be opinionated.
- Brassy 60's Den
See all entries