Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- The best part of my bedroom is waking up in it. The light that filters through the shutters actually inspired the tone of the room and by limiting the colors to varied shades and textures of white and cream, the room feels peaceful and serene no matter what time of day it is. The space is big enough that I never feel crowded and, after a long day in the city, I love that I can come home to a room that is light, feminine, simple and airy. If it weren't for the honking cars outside, I might even forget that I'm in Brooklyn!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I was told a long time ago that one's physical space is always a reflection of one's mental space, and vice versa. My best advice for creating (and maintaining) a bedroom that is beautiful, healthy, and organized is to simplify and focus on the details. Keep the things that you love, that tell a story, and make you feel good. Donate things that are just taking up space and are only distractions. Tuck away the things that you simply can't part with, like your collection of mermaid cocktail stirrers from happy hours of yore. I kept my color scheme monochromatic, which for me, makes the space visually more organized and calming, promoting well being and a space that I enjoy being in.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- When I moved in to my apartment, the former tenants left a chair. It was sitting in the very corner as shown in my picture here. I kept it there, reupholstered it, and made it part of a reading nook. I do less reading there than I'd like, but it's perfect for taking off shoes or talking on the phone. Adding additional seating makes the room feel like it's for more than just sleeping. I like creating little vignettes through my room in that way. I also make my bed every day so that it feels automatically renewed and relaxing and I think that makes a huge difference.
See all entries