- Spring Lake, MI
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that it's mine. I recently moved back in with my parents to save some money/find a new job and it's the only place in their huge house that feels like my own. The first thing I did when I moved back in was paint and redecorate the space. It's warm and cozy and it'll make it hard to move out again.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- I like comfortable spaces that aren't over decorated. Every night before I go to bed I put my room back together. All clothes get put back in the closet, all coats get hung up, shoes put away. And I also make my bed everyday as soon as I wake up. It makes my work day more productive (I'm currently a freelance graphic designer and my "office" is in the next room) and also keeps me from getting back in it.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- The chair in the corner actually belonged to my grandfather and I rescued it from my Aunt's garage. It's my favorite place in the house to read and also where I play my guitar and write songs.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day