Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Pasadena, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that our bedroom gets a ton of natural light. Sometimes living in an apartment you are stuck with a tiny window and hardly any natural light. Our ceilings are high and we have neutral colored walls so the light just reflects in.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I think you should fill your space with stuff that has meaning to you. We have several pieces that were handed down from our grandparents that we keep on display. It's a nice reminder of our family history. To keep things organized we definitely have furniture pieces that have drawers or some function to store clothing or personal belongings. Having a bed skirt on our bed lets us hide a lot more than you think...even some kitchen appliances we don't use everyday. You have to be creative with your space when you live in an apartment.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I think that a good floor plan is important. Since we have our desk in our bedroom it becomes a place to browse online, pay pills or do work. It would have been nice to put the desk in front of the window and have the light coming in directly in that area but that floor plan didn't make sense for us in the bedroom. The desk is more accessible were it is now and so are our nightstands which house some of our clothes.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat