Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I was inspired by a painting I got before leaving California to move to NYC. It speaks to the beach girl in me and I pulled the rest of my apartment's color palette from the piece. I truly believe paint is the easiest and least expensive ways to make a big impact on the space you live in. If you don't like it you can always pick another color and start over.
- Colors used in my room
- Behr Premiums Plus in Bunchberry
Rustoleum Chalkboard in Moonstone
Benjamin Moore in Tranquil Blue
Behr Premiums Plus in Hot Pink
Behr Premiums Plus in Japanese Fern
- Tips for using color successfully
- I think the rich dark plum really highlights the architectural features that the apartment has. The moldings around the door and the windows as well as the ornate fireplace all really shine so much more now that there is the contrast with the darker hue on the walls. Success is subjective. Pick the colors you love and surround yourself with them. If you truly love the space you are in, that to me is the definition of success.
- The Rabbit Hole
See all entries