Modernist style is everywhere! And why not, it's a gorgeous era of design - with so many classic that deserve to be revisited and made enduring parts of our home. Unlike some fads or trends, this is one that will weather well in my house.
I'm obsessed with the classic modernist birds by Kristian Vedel and Hans Bølling. Originally designed in the 50's, both have become iconic examples of the era and enabled many inspired versions over the years. The Bølling and Vedel birds are still around and I've also gathered some of my recent favorites - both vintage and new. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?
- Bird by Kristian Vedel ($49-89, Modern Child)
- Duck and Duckling by Hans Bølling ($79/149, Modern Child)
- Eames House Bird by Vitra ($270, also in white, Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art)
- Songbirds by Kay Bojesen ($95 in 6 colors Nova68)
- L'Oiseau by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec ($165, Pure Modern)
- Hand Carved Bird ($45, Mid Mod Mom Store)
- Rocking Birds ($14-29, West Elm)
(Images as linked above)