During a recent jaunt to DC, we found ourselves cooing over the collection at the Textile Museum. An exhibit on Midcentury textiles by the likes of British textile designer Lucienne Day (1917-2010) prompted a search for more of the same.
While Ms. Day's famous Calyx design won her praise in 1951, its spirit lives on in these Scandinavian and American designs. Following in the footsteps of Alexander Girard and Charles & Ray Eames -- and rich in pop colors and organic forms -- Midcentury-inspired patterns make any setting sing.
1. Calyx Fabric by Lucienne Day, 1951, via fffound
2. Amaze Wallpaper, $105 at Hygge & West
3. Cherry Cookies Poster, $98 at Hable Construction
4. Charles and Ray Eames’ Sea Things, Maharam
5. Dandelion Mobile Wallpaper, Miss Print
6. Maya Kessler Creek Fabric, $250 at Just Scandinavian
7. Lollipop Rug, $650 at Jonathan Adler
8. Marimekko Tilkkula Spice Sheet Set, $39.95-149 at Crate & Barrel
9. Munjoy Pillow, $85 at Angela Adams
10. Paper Placemats, $10 at Lotta Jansdotter