Time: Over 2 weekends here and there - could probably be done in a day
Cost: Approximately $150.00 for 4 doors and 4 windows
Ingrida needed cost-effective temporary window and door treatments so she did a smart no-sew DIY with painters drop cloth and tension rods. Jump below for all the pics, tools, instructions and VOTING...
Tell us the tools and resources you used for the project:
Resource: The Home Depot
Items Purchased at Home Depot: Tension Rods, Painter Drop Cloths (linen colored), Curtain Clip Hooks
Tools at Home: Screwdriver, Pencil, Stepladder
Share step by step instructions for how you completed the project:
1) Measure length of each window and door.
2) Fold back painter's cloth to proper dimension.
3) Clip curtain hooks, at regularly spaced intervals, at folded hem edge. Note: One can trim and sew hem edge for a more 'finished' look if desired.
4) Per each tension rod - measure and mark the correct length (each tension rod is made of two pieces that telescope into each other). Secure so that the length is fixed (via screw located on the tension rod) and then slip the rod thru the hooks of the painter's cloth curtain.
5) Click the rod, with curtain, into place.