There is something very attractive about the idea of reusing and recycling to me. We have all saved toilet paper rolls, cereal boxes, paper towel rolls and more for crafts. My kids are fascinated with turning something seemingly useless into a cool item they can be proud of. The other day my son put an empty milk jug in the recycling and asked me why we couldn't make something out of it. Oh but we sure can! I immediately started looking into it. There are quite a lot of different tutorials and inspirations out there, but I was drawn to a few that seemed to be the most fun to make.
• How To: Stormtrooper Helmet From Milk Jugs on Make.
• Milk Jug Decorative Window Crafts on Alphamom.
• Halloween ghosts on The Krazy Coupon Lady (admittedly we turned that one into a glowing super hero really quickly).
• Milk Jug Bat Masks on Filth Wizardry.
• Milk Jug Igloo from Mrs. Meacham's Classroom Snapshots.
(Images: As credited above.)