Name: Milo (8) & August (11)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The kids and I were set on the idea of a forest room, complete with a photo wall mural, before we even moved into the house. They picked out the wall mural and the paint color right away, but the rest of the room has taken some time (two years, to be exact) to come together.
The room is relatively small for two boys and all their Legos to share, so the main goal was to stuff as much fun into the space as possible. To that end we made the Lego table with storage from an IKEA Trofast shelf, hung up the (also IKEA) Ekorre chairs, and stored all their clothes in cube shelves in the closets to maximize the floor space.
We built the hexagon shelves and turned the boys loose to style them themselves, and we filled the wall above one bed with a gallery wall made up of illustrations from The Hobbit.
- The wall mural came from Amazon (it comes in several giant sheets that you hang up like wallpaper).
- The paint color is Martha Stewart Saguaro.
- The beds are secondhand finds that we painted red.
- DIY projects in here include the hexagon shelves above each bed, the reclaimed wood shelves between the windows, and the lego table made from an Ikea Trofast shelf.
Thanks, Gretchen! Readers, see even more of Milo & August's room at Boxy Colonial.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Boxy Colonial)