From: United States - Born in Kansas, Moved to Long Beach, California as a baby
Milo Baughman is one of our favorite 20th century furniture designers. His work is both distinctive and influential and while representative of its time, it always strikes us as part of a very personal vision and style. A Baughman piece always seems far more "Baughman" than just "sixties" or "seventies"...
Quote: Furniture that is too obviously designed is very interesting, but too often belongs only in museums.
Attended: Art Center School, now called California Institute of the Arts
Known for: California Modern, Chrome, Burled Wood
Representative Pieces Shown Above: (left to right)
1) Sofa for Thayer Coggin, 1975 via Wright Now
2) Chesterfield Chairs, 1976 via Deconet
3) Sideboard, 1960s, via Eric Appel Antiques on First Dibs
4) Extendable Steel and Glass Dining Table for Thayer Coggin, 1970, via Wright Now
5) Burlwood Coffee Table, 1970s, via Hamptons Antique Galleries II on First Dibs
Baughman On the Web: