Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York , NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that I took the opportunity to allow the space to evolve over time to what it is today. My room has had many incarnations before this point, but none felt right. My goal ultimately was to create a warm, comfortable, luxurious and layered space that would be my refuge from the urban chaos outside my doors. I've incorporated items that really provide a sense of calm to me; family photos, mementos of cultural significance, souvenirs-things that put a smile on my face every time I enter the room... I have to admit a fabulous mattress and amazing bed linens don't hurt either.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- No matter the size, a bedroom is at its best when it's clean and organized. My space is small, so it can easily become cluttered. The key is to have a place for everything(small boxes and bowls work well), always put things back/away after use, utilize under bed storage and keep non-essential items out of the room in the first place.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I felt it was necessary to make my bedroom a true sanctuary of rest and relaxation. For this reason (and the lack of square footage), there isn't much multi-purpose functionality incorporate into the space. I will sometimes read or bring my tablet to bed, but besides that my room is a space for unadulterated respite, repose and nothingness...Just the way I like it.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat