Everyone knows babies love seeing their reflections (and yours!) in the mirror, so why not take advantage of it and use mirrors in the home in all the right places? Here are a few ideas...
We have the puddle mirrors
above by Tord Boontje's next to our daughter's changing table. They're made out of polished stainless steel rather than glass, and they're self-adhesive. They add dimension to her teeny, tiny room (about 6 x 7') and give her something to look at during changes.
We recently positioned a large mirror from Ikea behind our kitchen sink as a back splash. It serves a few purposes- it reflects light from the windows in the other room to bring more light into our windowless kitchen- but it also helps our baby to see us while we're doing dishes and she's sitting in her highchair. As a result, we get lots of excited screams and giggles while doing dishes.
Here are a few more ideas and tips to get you thinking about your own home:
• Rococo Pink Mirror (first pic above the jump)
• Silk Screened Zoo Animal Mirrors
• Best Places to Hang a Mirror
• Crib Mirrors
• ABC Wall Mirror
• Have guests paint tiles to frame a mirror in baby's room at a shower.
• Minnen Mirror with storage from IKEA
• Lots Square Mirror Tiles with Adhesive Tape from IKEA.
• Vanna Mirror Ikea