Misako and Doug Location: Upper West Side — New York, New York Size: 850 square feet Years lived in: 3 — owned Misako is a Canadian born designer who designs custom stationery and paper goods. She has a background in Architecture and Landscape Architecture, which pretty much means she's got the skills to pull any kind of space together. Her apartment is a lot like her stationery — unique; with a creative mix of mediums resulting in really beautiful, elegant, well-crafted work. Doug works in commercial real estate. That, of course, means that he listens to Misako when it comes to design aesthetics. I'd say it was a perfect match!
- • The kitchen is outfitted with a dishwasher, microwave, convection oven and refrigerator - all stainless steel GE Profile...mvp's: le creuset dutch oven+ 12" all -clad stainless steel pan and the a/c in the summer
- • Custom made shelving unit made by Misako's uncle as a wedding gift for the happy couple. (Its frame and supports are welded steel, and clad in cherry wood)
- • Eames Lounge chair!...best seat in the house
- • A combination of design shops, flea markets and Doug's mom, Ellen Neye, curator for The Gathering Place, a non-profit benefitting the a cancer center in Cleveland, Ohio. Our most prized items are gifts from family and friends
- • The author of this article, Gregory Sparks! We also love our Keith Haring.