Looking for a way to add character to your bed? How about mixing it up with some contrasting (but complimentary) bedding. We love the way these beds from Caravane pair solid colors with stripes, checks, and prints...
For a similar look, experiment with mixing textures. For example, pair a cotton duvet with layered wool blankets. Choose patterns in the same color family, throw in a couple of accent pillows, or experiment with vertical and horizontal stripes in varying widths. Anything goes.
Other Mix & Match Ideas from AT:
• Roundup: Mix and Match Dining Rooms From Dominos Past
• Do You Mix & Match Your Dishes?
• How To: Mix and Match Furniture
• Mix n' Match Bathroom Sets
• Mix 'n Match Bedding from Room & Board