I tend to be a little pattern shy when it comes to decorating my apartment. It's not that I don't love a good print, but it's hard to commit to just one and I feel a bit clueless when it comes to mixing and matching them. In hopes of facing my fears, I've pulled together some inspiration, along with a few tips on how to achieve the look.
1. This image of designer Meredith Herron's home shows that if you limit your palette to a couple of vibrant hues played off of a neutral background, a playful mix of prints looks cohesive while effectively moving your eye around the space.
Image from Style at Home
2. In Betinna Prentice's abode, the unique prints layered in her bedroom mimic the art on the surrounding walls. An even wash of sky blue on the walls helps pull it all together. Image from Vogue.
3. A monochromatic palette of blue prints against a white backdrop makes this look impossible to mess up. Image from Coastal Living.
4. In this decidedly carefree approach, relaxed styling coupled with a mish-mash of ethnic prints lends a bohemian vibe to a bedroom. Image from Inside Out Magazine via Desire to Inspire.
5. A few playfully patterns on key pieces such as an oversize wall hanging and a patchwork couch create interest in Adam's Small Cool entry. Image via Apartment Therapy.
(Images: as linked above)