Yesterday was the first (official) day of fall and we're past the time when we should be writing about tents, but we're feeling a little wistful about the passing of summer. As we cross the threshold into autumn, we're taking a glace backward at some inspiring outdoor structures...
- 1 The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort in Tofino, British Columbia features tent interiors that are nicer than most permanent homes. For a peek inside, click here.
- 2 Colorado's Dunton Hot Springs hotel is composed of tipis and cabins filled with surprisingly lux decor. Click here for a mini tour.
- 3 In India, you can experience luxury tent living at Aman-i-Khás, a high-end encampment on the border of Ranthambore National Park. For more, click here.
- 4 One of only 7 astronomic hotels in the world, Chile's Hotel Elquidomos brings new meaning to the phrase "sleeping under the stars." See more of their geodosic domes (complete with retractable roofs) right here.
- 5 John Paananen installed the Suburban Tipi at Cranbrook Academy in Michigan. To view the interior and exterior of this modern interpretation of an age-old form, click here.
posted originally from: AT:Chicago