On a recent visit to see some of Alexander Calder's work, I fell in love with the complex interactions between simple shapes in his kinetic sculptures.Mobiles have evolved to take residence above babies' cribs, because their playful motion fascinates little ones. But I'm a big girl now, and I still find them rather interesting. Take a look at some designs that appeal to more adult tastes.
• 1 Calder's Mobiles, On the Small Scale
• 2 Cheri & David's Creative Loft
• 3 Look!: Lisa Congdon's New Mobile
• 4 How To: Make a Felt Mobile
• 5 Recycalite Pendant Lamp Mobile from Beeline Mid-Century