Like any true classic, the tulip chair is enormously versatile, equally lovely with a traditional table (or desk) as it is with the tulip it was originally created for. A lookalike to the tulip even appeared on the set of the original Star Trek. These chairs are not the tulip, but the Burke 115, a similar design with a four-pronged propeller base, instead of the tulip's round one.
1. Perfect with a traditional table in this interior from Vogue.
2. Space agey goodness. Love the easter egg palette and the Lindsey Adelman lamp, too. From Solid Frog.
3. As seen in Kelly's Retro Artist Loft.
4. The tulip demonstrates its versatility; pretty with a chinoiserie cabinet, from House and Home.
5. Airy and modern from Desire to Inspire.
6. Charming paired with a traditional desk in The Martinez Family's Modern Mountain Turkey Coop.
7 & 8. In a MCM-filled Barcelona apartment from Miss Design.
9. In a glamorous workspace from Lonny.
10. Lovely luxe modern from Interiors Digital.
11. In a breakfast nook from Lonny.
12. The tulip armchair in a quirky mix of classic chairs. Home of Marcus Hay, from Real Living Magazine via Oh Joy.
13. Love this mix of midcentury and traditional pieces from Sarah & Steve's Attic Aerie.
14. Black tulips with bright colors in this saturated interior from Interiors Digital.
15. In a colorful interior from Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz.
(Images: as linked above)