This year Kartell celebrates the tenth anniversary of one of their most iconic chairs, the Louis Ghost chair, designed by Philippe Stark. The ghost chair is the reinvention of the classic Louis XV armchair in the modern material of polycarbonate.
Philippe Stark is a master at taking a classic form and reinventing it as a modern icon. Using a single piece of translucent injection-molded polycarbonate, Stark has created the most recognizable chair of the 21st century.
The ghost chair brings subtle elegance to any space and is versatile enough for any room in a home or office. It is quickly becoming a popular chair offered by rental firms for large events such as weddings for its indoor/outdoor use, comfort, and durability.
1. A mid-century modern take on the Ghost chair, from Homedit
2. Designer Michael Moloney's chic Palm Springs dining room, from Elle Decor via Apartment Therapy
3. A colorful office, from Apartment Therapy
4. Better Homes and Gardens
5. Clean and Contemporary, from House and Home
6. A classic bedroom work space, from House Beautiful
7. A cozy white Ghost in the bedroom, from Lonny Magazine
8. A ghost in the middle of a menagerie, from Rue Magazine
9. New England Home
10. The Ghost chair blends into the background of this bathroom, from Style at Home.
(Images: as linked above)