We're surveying some of the coolest guys we know about life as a modern dad.
Find me online: Christopher Barrett Photographer
Vincent, age 7
1. A product I would recommend to another dad:
When they are infants, a Baby Bjorn or other type carrier. You can run errands, easily go for walks, give their mom some alone time and just go everywhere.
2. A myth about modern dads:
That we don't want to grow up and would rather be our child's friend instead of their parent.
3. A favorite toy from childhood: Star Wars figures. I wish I had kept them for my son. Luckily, my wife had a nice stash.
4. A favorite children's book: Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham. I memorized it as a kid.
5. A song I'll be really bummed if my kid doesn't end up loving: Girlfriend in a Coma.
6. A question I hope my kid never asks me: "What happened to your hair?"
7. A website or blog I visit regularly: Reduser.net
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my son: Building with LEGOs or gardening. Those little fingers are good for weeding!
9. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife: Raising my voice. Luckily, I don't have to do it very often.
10. My parenting superpower: Prying LEGOs apart -- those really small, thin ones. My wife or son can't get those apart. The trick is to use a pocket knife.
(Image: Alejandra Valera)