We're surveying some of the coolest guys we know about life as a modern dad.
Name: Holman Wang, lawyer turned
children’s writer / illustrator
Kids: Cici (3.5) and Felix (22 months)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Find me online: mycozyclassics.com
1. My favorite toy from childhood: Oh, I loved me my Atari.
2. A myth about modern dads: That we like doing housework any more than the previous generation of dads. There’s just more household disharmony now if we don’t do our share.
3. My favorite children's book: The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. Great rhymes, great images, great message.
4. A song I'll be really bummed if my kids don't end up loving: If my kids tell me “If You Really Love Me” by Stevie Wonder is just for old fogies, I’ll be reaching for a giant tub of chocolate ice cream.
5. A website or blog I visit regularly: Huffington Post. I just can’t shake the infotainment addiction.
6. A product I would recommend to another dad: Dental floss. Really. Start ‘em early, and you’ll save yourself a world of grief later.
7. A question I hope my kids never ask me: Dad, can you check me into rehab?
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my kids: Just hanging around in the backyard on a sunny day, especially if there is a cheap kiddie pool involved.
9. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife: Speaking in Chinese. My wife is picking up a few words here and there, but has a long way to go!
10. My parenting superpower: Bad juggling. The balls don’t stay in the air long—just long enough to produce beaming smiles.