Name: Matt MacLean
Occupation: Legal Guy at BrickStix LLC
Kids: Greyson (12), Lily (10), and Annie (7)
Location: Hartland, WI
Where to find me online: Brickstix.com
1. A song I'll be really bummed if my kids don't end up loving: Any of the cheesy classics from the early '80s, but I am pretty sure we already have them hooked. "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell is at the top of the list.
2. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife/partner: Feigned ignorance. If I need them to do something, I pretend I don't know how to do it so they have to show me. They would never believe this of my wife, because in their eyes she can do everything!
3. My favorite toy from childhood: My favorite toys from childhood, hands-down, are Star Wars figures. We're talking the ones with straight arms and legs, not the fancy ones they have now.
4. A product I would recommend to another dad: I would recommend the iPhone and a dad-sized version of the equipment for whatever sport(s) your kids love so you can play with them.
5. My favorite children's book: My favorite children's book was Paul Revere's Ride. My kids' favorite children's book is Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
6. A website or blog I visit regularly: I use Google.com on a regular basis, because I am forever looking things up to keep up with my kids and their questions.
7. A question I hope my kid never asks me: "Did you drink alcohol before you were of legal age?"
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my kids: Laughing and talking while building with LEGO bricks.
9. A myth about modern dads: It is a myth that modern dads can't multitask. We can, we just do it one step at a time.
10. My parenting superpower: Humor.