Name: Ralph Montemurro
Occupation: CEO/Designer at Monte Design
Location: Toronto, Canada
Find me online: montedesign.net
Kids: Jack (10), Grace (8), Luke (6), Joy (2)
1. A song I'll be really bummed if my kids don't end up loving: Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen
2. My parenting superpower: I can take any mundane task and turn it into an exciting adventure with my kids. The aisles of the grocery store can be a safari journey if you get creative with it.
3. A favorite toy from childhood: Loved my Stretch-Arm-Strong
4. A favorite children's book: The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
5. A website or blog I visit regularly: I love design blogs, especially the granddaddy of them all, the Apartment Therapy family of sites.
6. A product I would recommend to another dad: An iPad. Awesome multitask product that offers tons of stuff for your kids to enjoy as well.
7. A question I hope my kids never ask me: Dad, why are we living in a van, down by the river?
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my kids: A bike ride or a swim
9. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife/partner: Tricks never seem to work for either one of us, but if you know any really good ones, please let me know.
10. A myth about modern dads: That we were all born with the Home Depot Handyman gene.