We're surveying some of the coolest guys we know about life as a modern dad.
Name: Shawn James Seymour
Occupation: Musician (Lullatone), Composer for Films & Commercials, Local Morning TV Personality
Kid: Niko - age 3 (4 in July)
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Where to find me online: Lullatone.com and Lullatone.bandcamp.com
1. My favorite toy from childhood: My Pet Monster (more than the monster, I loved the breakable handcuffs he came with!)
2. A parenting trick that works for me and not for my wife: Racing. Anything that our son doesn't want to do suddenly looks better if finishing it is part of a race against me.
3. My favorite children's book: Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! - something about the pacing of it read really slowly makes it perfect for bedtime. Niko has only made it all the way to "Z" 3 times.
4. A song I'll be really bummed if my kids don't end up loving: The moment I introduced Niko to Harry Belafonte's "Jump In The Line" our house turned into an instant dance party. It was my favorite when I was little too.
5. A website or blog I visit regularly: 1,001 Rules for My Unborn Son
6. A product I would recommend to another dad: Ergobaby Carrier. We had so many father son bicycle adventures with it when Niko was little.
7. A question I hope my kid never asks me: "Gross! What happened to your face?"
8. My favorite way to spend a few hours with my kids: Exploring in the woods & making adventures! (every day if possible)
9. A myth about modern dads: Too connected digitally and zoned out on real life. I don't know if that is true everywhere... But, I try not to ever use Facebook or Twitter when other people are around.
10. My parenting superpower: Finding and catching bugs in the park.
Please note, I don't really love catching bugs, but after always being asked to do it... I am getting pretty good! Current most popular insect in the yard at Casa de Lulla.. roly polies (pillbugs)