Delightful dining begins with a well-designed space that invites one to linger. Itâ€™s a room that welcomes dramatic gestures, contrast and color and easily sets the tone for the meal to come.
The truth is designing your dining area is a lot like wrapping a present. A little extra effort in the presentation can make even the most humble gift (or meal) sparkle!
1. Clean, straight lines and bold, curvaceous forms bring maximum drama to a minimal palette.
2. Dark wire frame chairs complement an ornamental fireplace, allowing warm wood floors to shine.
3. Modern swag chairs smile at a weighty pedestal table and traditional built-ins.
4. An airy globe chandelier and wonderland colors add whimsy to a cheerful dining room.
5. Shiny brass pendants provide welcome contrast to a hefty wood table and citron upholstered chairs.
6. A group of large scale photographs define the dining area and set the stage for an inviting table.
7. The sleek arc lamp acts as a counterpoint to rustic herringbone floors in this design where the punchy palette lets simple shapes shine.
8. A striking small space solution. Use a space defining wall as a bold backdrop to a streamlined table and compact chairs for a dining room that tucks easily out of the way of passing traffic.
9. Striped drapes and cushions run perpendicular to crisp subway tiles, and play neatly off curved, sculptural seating.
10. A bevy of textures beguile the senses in this small but dynamic dining area.
Images: 1, 9 &10. Desire to Inspire 2 & 7. Living Etc. 3-4. design*sponge 5. Apartment Therapy - Chicago 6 & 8. Elle Decor