The tales from the trenches tell of many pink-hating mothers who somehow manage to spawn pink-loving little girls. I'm one of them. I used to hate pink - I think it was some kind of feminist reaction to the entire idea of being girly. But, now I have a four-year-old girl. As you may have guessed, she likes pink.
The funny thing is, she's started to brainwash me into liking pink too. After all, I do want her to be happy and sometimes pink is the way to do that. I'm finding, for me, moderation is the key. She can have her pink moments, but I won't dress her or her room in head-to-toe pink. My designer genes hope and pray that she loves every color of the rainbow. (and lucky for me - she does love rainbows!)
(Images: As linked above.)
- Apricot Ombre Ikea Dresser DIY from the IKEA blog
- Fade to Pink Bedding from Land of Nod
- Ombre Love Circle Garlands from Minted
- Knit Ombre Blanket from Land of Nod
- Ombre Pink Wool Rug from Overstock