Hearts are not really my style but the UK seems to take Valentine's Day even more seriously than the U.S., so it has had me searching for a modern way to incorporate hearts into the home without the sappy cutesy look.
The shape of the heart is a nice flexible form that can add a touch of whimsy anywhere in the home, whether it is in your morning coffee or the focal point of your living room.
1. Heart Tea Infuser, Fishs Eddy $4.95
2. To Mug, Alessi $28
3. Big Love ice cream spoon, Alessi $36 for 4
4. Matters of the Heart Print, Ork $20
5. Spider Web Heart Tray, John Derian $85
6. Utopia Heart Holder, Jonathan Adler $68
7. The Heart Cone Chair designed by Verner Panton in 1959, Vitra $3175
8. Embroidered Heart Pillow in Neon Green, C Wonder $38
9. Carved Soapstone Black Heart Bowl, Jayson Home and Garden $18
10. Bamford Pebble Soap, Barneys New York $32
11. Lovely Curio Shelf, Urban Outfitters $34
(Images: as credited above)