What makes a high chair modern? First, it has to be orange. Just kidding (sort of). Calling a high chair "modern" can refer to the materials it's made from, its color, its lines or its features. Perhaps most simply it's a chair that would look at home among other modern furniture and decor.We've rounded up the high chairs we think best epitomize a modern design aesthetic. Some are nearly space-age looking while others use color to tweak a more traditional design (and note that many come in a variety of colors).
top row, left to right
• 1 HiLo Chair ($300)
• 2 Bloom Fresco ($400)
• 3 Monte Tavo ($300)
• 4 Ikea Antilop ($20 - one zero)
• 5 Nano Folding High Chair ($180)
second row, left to right
• 6 Boon Flair Pneumatic Chair ($379 elite version, $220, standard)
• 7 Astro High Chair by Valco Baby ($150)
• 8 Mutsy Easy Grow ($200 - the white version can be found several places for $100)
• 9 Inglesina Club ($120)
• 10 Phil and Ted High Pod ($300)
Do you own any of these chairs - what do you like or not like about them? What other modern high chairs should be on our list?