Since I’m not really into stuffed animals as décor (no judgment!), one of these modern moose heads in wood, cardboard or lacquer is a better fit for me than the real thing.
1. Ok, so you know something’s out of your budget when the price is listed as “inquire with gallery,” but Dutch artist Marcel Wanders One Minute Moose Head is my dream moose. Available to those with bigger moose budgets than mine at Mitterand + Cramer Fine Art.
2. This cardboard moose made from recycled paper by West Elm is definitely in my price range at just $28!
3. A luxe looking white lacquer moose head like this one from ZGallerie would be fantastic against a bold wallpaper. At $199.95, it would be a glamorous splurge.
4. This gorgeous specimen from Roost is hand-carved from solid basswood! Its $900, but craftsmanship like this doesn’t come cheap.
5. Vlamsch’s abstract Moose Head comes in black, white, or natural. At $750, it’s an investment in modernism.
What do you think, is a moose head in your future? Do you have one already? Where do you stand on the real vs. faux debate?