Mudcloth, how I love thee. I will never tire of your graphic lines, simplicity, and crisp black and white design. When paired with modern furnishings, or used as upholstery fabric, you are a modest rock star.
1. Woodworker Ariele Alasko found this amazing chair in a junk shop, and went to great lengths to buy it. It was part of a house tour for Design Sponge.
2. Eric Hughes’s bedroom in Wainscott, New York showed up in Elle Decor as an example of cool, clean design.
3. Draping mudcloth over a headboard is a easy way to add pattern and interest to a bedroom. Kishani Perera used it in one of her recent projects.
4. Julie Reed's use of mudcloth alongside more ornate pieces is a surprising and interesting choice. She shared her home with the Wall Street Journal.
5. Betsy Brown kept it classic for her clients, using mudcloth as texture on the otherwise pure white bed.
If you are looking for ways to get this look, check out these great finds.
6. White Stools with Mudcloth Seat Cushions from Chez Boheme
7. African Mudcloth Pillows from OSxN
8. Bedspread from Fine Little Day
(Images: as linked above)
MORE MUDCLOTH ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Kuba and Mud Cloth and Ways to Use It