This is the year that I decided it is time to be a grown-up and invest in real table linens. No more paper napkins for this holiday season. Hosting my new in-laws for Christmas and thinking about how to make the best looking table setting spurred on this transition into adulthood. Check out my search for modern table linens after the jump...
Here is a roundup of table linens that have my modern sensibilities and are anything but frilly.
Top Row: (from left to right)
1. A modern twist on a traditional table cloth, this one is pricey but will last for decades. Fabel Tablecloth by Matteo Home, $295
2. Basic linen table napkins from H&M home, £3.99
3. Silhouette placemats by French Laundry Home, $95 for 4
4. Lotta Jansdotter Striped Runner, Fishs Eddy $24.95
5. No need to worry about the dry cleaning bill with this metal runner, Z Gallerie, $29.95
Bottom Row: (from left to right)
6. A modern interpretation on a snowberry by Marimekko $34.95
7. Washed Linen table runner, Williams-Sonoma, $69.95
8. Medieval style dining with a metal chain mail inspired silver runner, Sur La Table, $40
9. Vintage Ticking stripe napkins, Pottery Barn $18 for 4
10. To bridge the gap between paper and cloth napkins, try out a roll of perforated tear off napkins that wash up to 6 times, CB2 $19.95
(Images: As credited above.)