I've never been a huge fan of watercolor. I associate it with mostly pastel colors, and — let's face it — a lot of cheesy beach scenes. That all changed after seeing this wallpaper by Black Crow Studios for the first time.
For me, the bold, abstract design of this wallpaper
takes it into modern day. The layered, swirled washes of color are just stunning and, one year later, I am still in love.
Now that it's summer, watercolor's light touch holds particular appeal. As the temperature heats up, I'm drawn towards similar semi-translucent brushstrokes and bright colors, like in this painting by Tobias Tovera. Here are some other recently found patterns, fabric, artwork and decor that feel confident and fresh.
1. Original watercolor from Etsy
2. Original watercolor from Etsy
3. Watercolor Peony wallpaper from Anthropologie
4. Watercolor pillow from ABC Carpet & Home
5. Print from Emily Green
6. Original watercolor from Etsy
7. Original watercolor from Etsy
8. Watercolor by Callen Thompson
9. Wallpaper by Sanderson
10. Watercolor feathers print from Etsy
(Images: as linked above.)