If you live in a tiny apartment without a terrace or balcony, there's still a way to enjoy the great outdoors from indoors: window boxes!
The problem is that most window boxes are designed with your grandmother's Victorian in mind, and not a modern apartment or house. If paneled wood, or faux terracotta just doesn't do it for you, I've rounded up 5 modern choices:
1. This sleek beauty is available at PureModern for $126.50-$435.50
2. Target's popular Smith and Hawken line gives us this Metal Modular Window Collection $99-$119
3. These geometric planters from GI Designs may be a little out there, but choosing one shape (and color) and sticking to it could make quite a statement. $34-$45
4. A design classic, Jayson Home & Garden's Teak flower boxes are a great buy and if you live in the Chicago area, they'll even plant them for you —for a fee, of course. $40-$46
5. Greenbo Urban Railing Planter's available from Master Gardening on Amazon are great if you live in an older building with a railing across the front of the windows. $25