Renovating wisdom states that everything will take twice as long and cost twice as much. Is that always the case? Let's look back on this year's Renovation Diary entries and see what they really spent on those spiffy new spaces:
What It Really Cost Budget Breakdowns:
- Jennifer's Kitchen Renovation: $47,112 actual versus $40,343 projected
- Danielle and Austin's Kitchen & Garage Remodel: $66,106 actual versus $55,000 projected
- Dan's Kitchen: $24,895 actual versus $15,895 projected
- Christine & Pierre's Kitchen Renovation: $40,476.03 actual versus $35,055 projected
- Laura's Backyard Renovation: $12,282.67 actual versus $10,500 projected
- Emily & Aaron's Condo Renovation: $61,966.03 actual versus $53,036.03 projected
- Mike & Sandie's Foyer Renovation: $3,665 actual versus $4,370 projected
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.