A balanced life begins with you. If, after all the focusing on finances and work and family, you don't have any time left to work on you, well then the wheel of your life is likely to spin a little bit wonky.
A well-rounded life is one where you spend plenty of time and effort on yourself, but most importantly: You know exactly what to do with your downtime to make it fulfilling. You're cultivating and nurturing unique interests and hopefully learning new skills (and learning more about yourself) along the way.
Find Harmony at Home
In order to bring your life into balance, it can help to see a top-down, bird's-eye view.
If you are pressed for time, or just don't do much with your "me time" and want to get out of an unsatisfying leisure-time rut, check out one of these resources to get your life back on track from the inside out.
To find the time...
- Be more mindful with your hours: How to Give Yourself the Gift of More Time in Your Day
- Say no: How Saying No Changed My Life and How It Can Change Yours Too
- You can catch up on everything else later: The Simple Scheduling Trick That Will Be a Sanity Saver in 2017
To develop your hobbies...
- Be a quick learner: 6 Hobbies You Can Pick Up in Just 30 Days (and Kick Butt at Them)
- Make it mandatory: How to Make Time for Your Hobbies on the Weekend
- Netflix can wait: 10 Other Things to Do With Your Time Tonight
- Try knitting: Let Knitting Save Your Life: Salvation & Sanity in 2017
To practice self-care...
- Try something new: 10 Ways to Practice Self-Care This Week
- Make the most of couch time: Binge Watching for the Soul: Shows to Marathon for Self-Care
- Pamper yourself: 10 Luxurious Self-Care DIYs Using Things You Already Own
- Make the most of mornings: 5 Wellness Morning Rituals Everyone Should Try At Least Once
- Take our self-care quiz: How Should You Unwind This Weekend?
To get some much needed R&R...
- Stop the stress: 15 Real People Share Their Go-To Relaxation Methods
- Find time to be solo: The Importance of Spending Time at Home ALONE
- Relax, the Finnish way: We Bet You'll Kalsarikannit This Weekend, Even If You've Never Heard Of It Before
- Avoid burnout: 6 Ways to Center Yourself When You're Feeling Totally Burned Out