In some locales, mosquito netting is as important as remembering to fasten your seat belt or brushing your teeth. In other words, it's a health and safety concern. But mosquito netting can also just be pretty, adding a soft, outdoors-y touch to your home:
• 1 Hang mosquito netting over a four-post bed to accentuate the space it encloses.
• 2 Circle just the crown of the bed with a smaller round canopy, as in this airy bedroom.
• 3 Establish gauzy "walls" for an outdoor dining room.
• 4 Canopy a lounge area to stay bug-free when hanging out this summer.
• 5 Create a mystical reading nook simply by enclosing a small area with mosquito netting and placing a floor cushion inside.
(Images: Kiwinet Mosquito Nets, Good Housekeeping, Ken Gutmaker/Sunset, Bossgoo, Miki Duisterhof/Country Living)