Mother's Day is only a few weeks away, and that means it's time to start thinking about a thoughtful present so you're not rushing last minute! If you don't have time or skills to create a lovely handmade gift yourself for mom, Austin's explosion of creative artisans (and their wares) is sure to be inspiring. Whether your mom's a foodie, loves a beautiful bouquet, is a fashionista or more, Austin craftspeople have got it covered. This is a teeny, tiny sliver of the sorts of wonderful handmade gifts you could get for mom made by a talented Austin artisan. And the best part: you don't have to be in Austin to purchase many of these!
1) Tool & Tack Mother's Day Gift Box (including items from Leah Duncan, Paloma's Nest, and Miss Natalie) $80
2) Ryan McKerley pottery from Take Heart store
3) Prints or scarves from Austin-based artist Callen Thompson (see her house tour!)
4) Locally sourced jams, jellies & preserves from Confituras
5) Loretta Flower arrangements (Austin area only)
(Images: As credited above)