There is always going to be the need for some compromises (remember Bruno Kirby's wagon wheel coffee table in When Harry Met Sally?), so I decided to dig in our archives for tips on keeping the peace and living happily ever after with someone else's décor. Got more ideas? Battle stories? Share below!
• First, make the process easier and less stressful on your relationship with our Make Moving More Organized and Less Painful checklist.
• If you like red and they like green, here are some ways to Make Complementary Colors Work for You.
• Make those sentimental pieces a little more visually appealing with our tips for Incorporating Childhood Memorabilia in your home. Or learn to live without them with our Breaking Up With Your Belongings post.
• Some people love their electronics, but gadgets and cords can be such eyesores. Here are ways to Hide Your TV and Exercise a Little Cord Control.
• If your partner has hoarder tendencies that might make you crazy, read my tips for How Not to Be a Hoarder. Try this mindful tip for Letting Go of Things You Love too.
• Finally, try holding off on making major decisions at move in. Give it some time and see what you can learn to live with it. Who knows, you may grow to love that mangy teddy bear they've been holding on to since childhood just as much as you love them.
(Image: Bethany Nauert)