Every chance we get to visit NYC or visit Asia, we beeline it over to the MUJI store for their Japanese style of simplicity for the home (we particularly like their stationery and home office supplies). And now we'll be able to enjoy their brand of minimalist aesthetics on our iPad, using their (free) calendar app, one of three new apps designed to take advantage of the iPad's larger screen and offer a few useful organizational, planning and drawing tools.The three new apps are:
MUJI Calendar: (Free)
- Google Calendar users can synchronize calendars over the network. Even without synching, MUJI CALENDAR on the iPad is a great scheduler by itself.
- Choose either a 12-hour or 24-hour time scale. With the 12-hour scale, pick a starting time to suit your individual life-style. It’s easy to compose a schedule that suits you. See a whole day’s appointments on a single screen without scrolling — Convenient.
- Tap the track that rolls across the bottom of the screen to access the MUJI to GO app — a collection of functions useful for when you’re traveling or on the move.
- Drag schedule units one by one to move (reschedule) them.
MUJI Notebook: ($3.99)
- Advanced technology enables smooth and effortless freehand input.
- Combination of handwriting recognition and predictive text input technology enables fast and effortless text entry.
- Text input with keyboard is also available.
- Thickness and color can be chosen freely for lines and characters.
- Page types can be selected from four different kinds: ruled, gridded, quadrant, and plain.
- You can import photos and PDF files from iPad and iTunes.
- Imported photos can be adjusted to size and laid out on pages at will.
- You can email your notebook to your friends and colleagues.
MUJI to GO: (Free)
- Time: Display the time in cities around the world. Add or delete cities to make your own personal World Clock list.
- Weather: Display 5-day weather reports/forecasts for locations around the world. Add or delete locations.
- Power: Display the shapes of power sockets used around the world. Find out which plug you need.
- Search/Find: Use a simple, clean function for Google searches.
- Forex: Display the current rates for world currencies. Add or delete currencies, Tap “Use this currency” to add a currency conversion button next time you use the Calculator.
- Calculator: Calculate and display the results in large format. Recall and display earlier calculations, too.