When living in a small space, it's helpful to make every piece of furniture pull double duty. In that spirit, we've rounded up 10 multipurpose pieces that will help make even the smallest space feel like a palace.
• Resource Furniture's Goliath Table
converts from a 17" deep console to and a 115" long dining table when you need it.
• I couldn't find information for purchasing the Madame Est Servie from Aïssa Logerot
but I still had to include it here. I think the combination mirror/ironing board is so clever in a why-didn't-I-think-of-that kind of way!
• We've posted about the Knife & Saw Bike Shelf many
times so it's probably no surprise that I'm including it in this list. A handsome wood shelf that also works as a bike holder - what is not to love?
• A dining table can eat up a lot of real estate in a small apartment. So can a coffee table for that matter. This convertible coffee table from Dwell
is two tables in one. Coffee table by day, dining table by evening.
• When your home office is also your living room, keeping papers organized is the key to keeping clutter at a minimum. Ballard's File Storage Ottoman
will make your paper trail a little shorter and
give you a place to prop up your feet.
• Gregory brought the La Boite LD Series Laptop Dock Desks to our attention earlier in the week. The desk contains USB ports and speakers, making it the small space audiophile's dream.
• Swedish furniture maker Matroshka creates this amazing 4-in-1 furniture. The Matroshka expands from a simple raised study to include a lounge, dining space and even a bedroom - all in one piece of furniture.
• Tom Rossau makes another coffee table that transforms into a dining table. Made out of bamboo, Tossau's table unfolds to create a long, rectangular table.
• Judging by the photos the ORG Desk Bed is intended for a teen's bedroom. I think the design is basic enough that it would work equally well in an adult's studio apartment, too.
• The Peel Seating by Council Designs is convertible seating at its most basic.
Images: As credited above.