No DSLR? No problem! You can still get stellar shots with a point-and-shoot camera. All you need is an eye for composition, good lighting and maybe just a few of these awesome accessories. They're each inexpensive, compact and easy to use, and give your pictures a little pro edge.
Fun camera add-ons aren't just limited to the pro DSLR set; point-and-shoot cameras can get in on the fun too.
Whether you need to stand it straight, light it up, get a little distance or just add a bit of cool color, there's a cool accessory to do it:
- Bottle Cap Tripod ($10, Photojojo.com) lets you set up "shot" anywhere by screwing on to the neck of a threaded bottle.
- Collapsible Camera Extender ($24.95, Photojojo.com) makes self-portraits easy by give you a little extra reach.
- Color Lens and Flash Filters ($15, Photojojo.com) hang on a key ring to give you lens or flash effects at the drop of a hat.
- Point-And-Shoot Flash Diffuser ($16.15, Gary Fong eStore) instantly makes point-and-shoot pictures better by softening the harsh glare from the on-board flash.
- GorillaPod Micro Tripod ($19.95, Joby.com) is a super-compact tripod. You can keep this one on your P&S at all times (even in the case!).