It feels like hutches have been around since the dawn of time, and honestly, we never liked them growing up. It hasn't been until the past few years that we've grown to appreciate their beauty and function. Their style and shape certainly aren't everyones cup of tea — but those who appreciate, really appreciate!
There are contemporary hutches and there are vintage hutches. Not to sound too cliche, but we much prefer the vintage hutch over the current day alternative. The vintage variety offer much more character and almost transport you back to a different time. We also happen to really love when vintage hutches are transformed and escalated into these modern times. Here are our favorites:
• Steven & Meredith's Modern Mix
• Nathan & Hannah's Mid-Century Modern Mission
• Leif's Mid-Century Heritage Collection
• Alison & Joe's Suburban Mid-Century Thrift
• Midwest #8: The "Wretched to Retro" Project
How do you feel about hutches?
Images: 1. Ann Manubay, Dabney Frake, 2-4. Jason Loper