• 1 Book Spine Buttons by Magic Industrie, $25/set: Made from the spines of vintage books, these aren't your 80s band buttons. True nerd chic, I bought a couple of these for a literary-minded pal.
• 2 Re-Case and Re-Wine by Miniwiz, $24.95 and $12.95: Miniwiz products have become a favorite of mine this year. The Re-Case has kept my iPhone very safe, even in my clumsy paws. As for the Re-Wine, these are clever gifts for your favorite oenophile. Here's a video showing its many uses.
• 3 Artisanal Salt by Beautiful Briny Sea, $7-$20: With flavors like rosemary, pink peppercorn, lavender and truffle, this would be a fantastic and inexpensive gift for the foodie in your life.
• 4 Happy Ceramics by Heather Arndt, prices vary: I admit it, I didn't really buy one of Heather's pieces as a gift for someone else. I pulled a "one for you, one for me" this weekend at Renegade Craft Fair. I know. I'm bad.
• 5 Porcelain Deer Head by Lizbeth Navarro Ceramics, $55: How big of a jerk am I that I bought this for myself, too? I've been wanting some faux taxidermy for months and when I saw Lizbeth's adorable deer with their wooden twig antlers, I just had to have one. Maybe you do, too?
• 6 Pencil Set by Paper Pastries, $10: How cute are these pencil sets? I actually did purchase this as a gift for a writer friend who favors traditional pencils with erasers. None of that mechanical stuff for her! With messages like, "Noteworthy," and, "Get The Lead Out," they'll add a bit of cheek to her work day.
• 7 Cup and Saucer by Bauer Pottery, $25 - $27.50 (less during their upcoming sale): Bauer's warehouse is very near where I live, so I've been to their factory sale several times. They also do it for the holidays, but with steeper discounts on their seconds. Their online sale is coming December 19, so mark your calendars!
(Images: Michelle Chin or as linked above)